Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup
December 12 2017
- 1 pound dry black beans, soaked overnight
- 4 teaspoons diced jalapeno peppers
- 6 cups Erie Bone Broth Chicken Broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Bickford Flavors Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Bickford Flavors Onion
- 1 tablespoon Bickford Flavors Chili
- 1 tablespoon Bickford Flavors Chipotle
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Soak black beans overnight.
- Drain black beans, and rinse.
- Combine beans, jalapenos, and chicken broth in a slow cooker. Season with garlic, onion, chili & chipotle flavors, along with the cumin, cayenne, pepper, and hot pepper sauce.
- Cook on High for 4 hours. Reduce heat to Low, and continue cooking for 2 hours, or until you are ready to eat.
- Garnish as you wish and serve with your favorite sandwiches.