Whole30 Tuscan Soup
April 24 2018
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 medium yellow potatoes, about 1 pound 3 ounces, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium white or yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced, about 4 cloves
- 4 cups Erie Bone Broth Chicken Broth
- 1/2 bunch kale, stems removed and leaves finely chopped, 4 cups
- 1 can coconut milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In a Dutch oven, over medium heat, add Italian sausage and add crushed red pepper flakes. Use a spoon to break sausage into small pieces. When browned and cooked through, drain and set aside.
In the same Dutch oven over medium heat cook the onions and garlic; cook until onions are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
Pour the Erie Bone Broth Chicken Broth into the Dutch oven with the onions and garlic, and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the potatoes, and boil until fork tender, about 10-20 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the coconut milk and the cooked sausage; heat through. Add the kale into the soup just before serving and cook 'til the kale is bright green and softened. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Inspired by: http://40aprons.com/whole30-zuppa-toscana/