Pecan and Cranberry Wild Rice Pilaf
April 28 2018
- 4 cups Erie Bone Broth Chicken Bone Broth
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 1 Tbs. canola or grapeseed oil
- 3 large shallots, minced
- 2 cups of a mixture of short-grain brown rice & wild rice
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs or 1⁄4 tsp. dried thyme,
- 1/2 tsp. fine sea salt, plus more, to taste
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground white pepper, plus
more, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat an oven to 375°F. In a saucepan over medium-low heat, bring the broth to a simmer.
- In an ovenproof dutch oven, over medium heat, melt the butter with the oil. Add the shallots and sauté until translucent, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the rice and stir until the grains are well coated, about 3 minutes. Stir in the simmering stock, dried cranberries, bay leaf, thyme, sea salt and white pepper. Bring to a simmer, stir and cover.
- Transfer into the oven and bake until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Remove and discard the bay leaf and the thyme sprigs, if used. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Stir in the pecans and parsley. Serve hot or warm.
Recipe source: https://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/wild-rice-pilaf-with-dried-cranberries-and-pecans.html