Garlic Shrimp with Spinach and Pesto Quinoa
April 29 2018
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 5 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, divided
- 4 cups Erie Bone Broth Chicken Broth
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, divided
- 1 pound raw tail-on shrimp
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley for serving
- fresh lemon juice for serving
- Heat oil in a large dutch oven over medium high heat. Add the onion and saute until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the uncooked quinoa and a pinch of chili powder. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Saute for another 1 minute to add flavor to the quinoa. Add the Erie Bone Broth Chicken Broth, bring to a boil, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes. Fluff with a fork and add fresh spinach and pesto, finish by tossing with fresh minced parsley. Set aside and keep warm.
- While the quinoa is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. When the pan is hot and the butter is melted, add the shrimp and sprinkle with the remaining chili powder directly in the pan. Season with salt and pepper and saute until no longer translucent and golden brown on the outside. Just at the end of the saute, add another teaspoon garlic and swirl around in the pan until the garlic is very fragrant.
- In a small saucepan, melt the remaining 5 tablespoons butter with the 2 teaspoons garlic to make a sauce for drizzling (for this, crushed garlic or garlic paste would work really well but minced is also fine).
- Serve the quinoa topped with the shrimp together. When the garlic butter is melted and cooled slightly, drizzle over the shrimp and quinoa. Serve hot and enjoy!
Recipe inspired by: https://pinchofyum.com/garlic-butter-shrimp-quinoa
Image credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/gudlyf/4495099430